Veterinary Student Employee Opportunity:
- To introduce opportunities in clinical practice to veterinary students
- Previous experience is not required. Positive attitude is required.
- To offer LA, SA, or Mixed animal opportunities
- To teach safe, humane handling of animals
- To teach safe restraint of animals
- To teach an approach for a complete physical exam
- To teach practical animal welfare
- To teach addressing entire animal needs
- To teach controlling the environment including all occupying that environment
- Will do our best to address individual written objectives presented at the beginning of the rotation
- Available to any veterinary student to apply for a position. Completed application is required.
- Generally during the summer months after the first or second year in veterinary college
- Duration of a minimum of 4 weeks and will involve some weekend and after hours duties
- Paid position as an employee of Kulshan Veterinary Hospital (KVH). Each candidate must pass a drug test and background screening process.
- All candidates are admitted solely by decision of the KVH Leadership, based in part but not completely upon background, experience, interest and screening criterion.
- Housing is available and will need to be reserved with the KVH Business Office Coordinator in advance.
- Be willing and able to work in any aspect of work needing to be done at a veterinary hospital or in the care of any animals or any treatments or procedures
- Exercise confidentiality in dealing with all client/patient interactions during and after completion of the rotation.
- Please see our website at kulshanvet.com for information about our practice and to download an application form
- Questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Business Office Coordinator)
Download Summer Vet Student Employee Application Here