– Job Description –
Business Office – Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
The purpose of this position is to serve as Administrative Assistant for Kulshan Veterinary Hospital, to perform reception duties, including record keeping duties, to perform clerical duties related to animal patient care and treatment, and to provide miscellaneous support to the veterinary practice manager, and staff. This position requires a practical knowledge of hospital organization and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, data entry, word processing, mail service, and a practical knowledge of the standard procedures, veterinary records and terminology used in the hospital.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Management reserves the right to assign varied job tasks to any employee.
- Provide support to Practice Manager and Doctors
- Email copies of the Kiplinger Letter to owners, bookkeeper and practice manager
- Email continuing education announcements and distribute
- Drop ship Catalogs (March / September)
- Spring and Fall Equine Clinics
- Special Large Animal Client Meetings
- Special Small Animal Client Meetings
- Planning for Northwest Washington Fair
- Run Care Credit applications and set up payment arrangements as needed
- Distribute CE opportunities to the appropriate parties via email
- Maintain held credit card list and payment agreement list in Cornerstone and Heartland
- Send expiration credit card letters
- Drug Cheat Sheet Updated Quarterly
- MA ELA Spreadsheet Updated Quarterly
- Track Monthly Expense Reports and cross reference with Doctor calendars
- Mileage Logs
- Update Cash Only List
- Send out accounts payable checks as requested
- Provide reception support for large and small animal scheduling.
- Provide reception support to clients that come in.
- Provide phone support for reception when needed.
- Prepare deposits. Bank Reconciliation.
- Process held check and credit card payments
- Update phone list
- Schedule Backflow testing with Andgar
- Ordering from The Print Stop
- Everson Auction Payments
- HSA Tracking
- Reseller Permit Tracking
- Type up schedules for staff
- Run payments for clients on credit card list (Weekly)
- Process payments of health certifications and one time only payments
- Assist clients with billing questions and issues.
- Verify monthly statements for errors (double billing, tax, merchandise returns, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be instrumental in setting a positive tone for each day. Encourage positive attitudes and ensure client service is the main priority for all staff. Act as arbitrator without taking sides to resolve issues among staff creating positive team building.
- Act as mentor and monitor to inventory staff in fulfilling their daily routines, job performance and personal development. Delegate duties as deemed appropriate to staff. Offer constructive criticism when needed and provide encouragement and praise for exceptional client/patient service. Identify and report positive and negative behaviors to management. Maintain healthy lines of communication between staff and management.
- Meet with practice manager and staff leaders in discussing hospital and staff issues. Support management decisions and relay all appropriate decisions/outcomes to reception staff.
- Immediately report any illegal and/or threatening activity to practice manager. Immediately report any safety issues to practice manager.
- Maintain strict confidence regarding issues discussed with owners and/or practice manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follow all hospital regulations in regards to general safety, hazard communications, emergency action plans, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and ergonomics as outlined in the Employee Handbook and safety manuals.
CONTROLS OVER WORK
The Business Office – Billing position works under the direct supervision of the practice manager who will indicate and oversee general assignments, limitations and priorities. Recurring assignments are performed independently. Deviations or unfamiliar situations are referred to the practice manager. Completed work is reviewed for technical accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
Skills and Knowledge: Knowledge of hospital procedures and operating instructions for making appointments, assembling patient medical records, recording test results, relaying information regarding patient’s condition, and compiling and submitting data on patients as treated.
Knowledge of the spelling and meaning of commonly used terminology of veterinary medicine to accurately record results of tests and file veterinary medical reports according to alpha, numeric or subject matter headings.
Personal contacts are with animal clients affected by a variety of problems, visitors and other staff members. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required. Must accurately relay client’s opinion on the medical complaint(s) of the animal(s) involved to the staff members who will be involved in treating the patient(s).
Please submit resume, application, and cover letter to email@example.com